I received this by email today and thought it worthy of passing on….read it and weep!
Kip Holden and Louis Farrakhan
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan recently spoke at Southern University and was provided a taxpayer funded BRPD escort from New Orleans to Baton Rouge and back. Additionally, members of the BRPD S.W.A.T team were pulled off the streets and stationed at Southern to provide security for Farrakhan.
Here’s a YouTube video of Farrakhan thanking Kip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO8oqc4MBak
Just who is Louis Farrakhan? Here’s some background information from the Southern Poverty Law Center: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/louis-farrakhan
Does anyone remember the Black Panther’s visit to Baton Rouge in 1970’s when camera man Bob Johnson was brutally attacked, and Baton Rouge residents lived in fear going to downtown Baton Rouge for years, causing many economic and social problems with negative impact to our hometown? This event was sponsored by the Southern University Student Government Association and the Nation of Islam Students.
Why were our tax dollars and BRPD personnel used to escort a man who preaches hate? And why, when we already face a critical shortage of police officers, were police pulled off the streets to provide security for this man? Would we have done the same for other speakers who preach violence and racial hatred on tax-supported college campuses? Would we extend the same courtesty to Christian, Jewish or ideologies? Are we promoting acceptance of Sharia Laws and radiacal Islamic conversions at Southern, and other universities?
Here are 5 things you can do right now to let Kip Holden know this is NOT okay!
1. Email or call Kip Holden’s office. His number is (225) 389-3100 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Email the Metro Council. You can email all members using this address: email@example.com
3. Write a Letter to the Editor. The Advocate: www.theadvocate.com/help/letters
Central Speaks: Email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zachary Plainsman: Email to: email@example.com
Central City News/Capitol City News: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Share the YouTube video on Facebook and let others know about Kip’s use of your tax dollars to chauffer Farrakhan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO8oqc4MBak
5. Cut, paste and forward this email to 10 friends and encourage them to do the same.
Let’s vote carefully and wisely in this upcoming election!
EBR Republican Connection
Until next time,
Red Stick Republican